Sunday, February 15, 2015

Businesses in Ingram, 1890-91

Businesses in Ingram 1890-1891 
As reported in Texas State Gazette Gazetteer and Business Directory, 1890-91.
"Ingram.  A postoffice [sic] on the Guadalupe river, in Kerr county, 156 miles southwest of Austin, and 7 west of Kerrville the county seat, nearest railroad station and banking point.  Has 3 churches, a school and a steam grist mill and gin.  Population, 150.  Mail, daily.  Wm T Lee, postmaster."

Anderson T W, justice of peace.
Dowdy  T A general store.
Hancock J W general store.
Lee Wm T, Stationery.
Sherman John, miller.
Terrell J M, carpenter.
Wyatt F M, blacksmith.


No comments:

Post a Comment